Help from the Information Commissioner

Click on a title to expand:


What will happen to my supporting documents?

The IC will scan your documents and keep them electronically. In most cases, they will destroy the paper documents you send them after six months, so you should only send them copies. You should keep all your original documents. If they need these later on, they will let you know. If you cannot give them copies, you should make sure you ask them to return your original documents. You can do this in section 9 of the complaint form. You must make it clear each time you send them something if you would like them to return it to you.